Friday, October 7, 2011

How to Get Traffic in the "Blogosphere"

Getting traffic on your blog can be such a daunting task.  It takes time and lots of effort. I had my other blog, What Katie's Baking, for over a year before I began seeing an increase in traffic.  I started out with 10-40 page views a day and just recently, within the past 6 months, started getting 600-2000 page views per day. So, yes, it is difficult, but possible if you set your mind to it.



Things I did included:

1. Submitting my blog to search engine directories.
2. Changing my titles to be more appealing.
3. Adding more "labels" at the end of my posts.
4. Writing about controversial topics.
5. Adding appealing graphics and investing in a good camera.


Those are only a few things that you can do, but remember that people are coming to your blog to get good content, so don't write if you don't have enough time to provide that to your audience.

If you want to submit your blog to search engine directories click here: Free Web Submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment