Thursday, October 20, 2011

Photography-- Communication?

Photography is a form of communication.  It's nonverbal and visual communication.

A person can easily tell a story with only pictures and convey the message effectively without ever having to write a word.  It can actually be more effective because a person can see something and put themselves in that spot and know every single description.

I am an amateur food photographer and I could not run What Katie's Baking without photography.  I can write every adjective in the dictionary synonymous to "delicious," but a person won't actually 'get the picture' without an actual picture.  The words create a photograph in a persons head, but the pictures produce the drool.

Before I improved my photography, the traffic on my blog was extremely low.  Once it was improved, though, traffic skyrocketed.  Apparently, the following pictures are communicating more than my words were.






Interesting blog on this topic: Iceland Aurora.

No comments:

Post a Comment